- I'm standin' by, enjoyin' my lot needed solitude, and this person gushes, "(my name), I couldn't recognize you! What's with this beard? & why are you lookin' so down? Are you gonna become a saint or somethin'?". His eyes mischievous.I gave him a smile (polite, fake, almost forced) tryin' to place him, & more importantly tryin' to recall his name. "Not seen you for a long time, where had you been?", I finally managed (banalities). "Was in Kolkata for such-and such thing", relocatin' stuff to Pune". That was a lead, he was probably a friend's friend, he was probably a beggar & was gonna ask me for alms. He was probably mistakin' me for someone else...but then, he knew my name, he knew what I looked like without beard & he had seen me in better times... "You seem to be goin' somewhere, don't let me stop you", I managed, again (these banalities are a boon). "Will see you around, best of luck!" he chirped, probably doped. Luck? For what? I thought while I still tried to put a name to it.
- I like drivin' as much I detest it. For once there is splurge of woman drivers which make me extra-cautious when I spot one. They drive like they are doped (everyone else seems to be doped these days), will not do anythin' sane (drivin' or otherwise) & you have no chance against them even if they bang their shitbox into yours (with all the men-turned-hero against the now poor-guy-turned-villain).
- And then are these phone booths, who have mastered the art of talkin' while drivin', the phone stuck between their shoulder & head... it doesn't matter if their vehicles are outta control, wobblin' or even gonna fall. The conversation should stay intact. That's more important! Its okay to hit those cow-buffalo people who don't stick to side & cross the road as if they are aimin' to get hit...they probably deserve it anyway. And me like an idiot I gave up even smokin' while drivin' because I thought even if I could handle it safely, it wasn't safe enough. I am plain incompetent.
- I ran into a cop the other day when I was not wearin' a helmet with Propane. I like the full face helmets & I didn't have one that time. WCS, I thought, they'd fine me. I've my license, vehicle registration papers, insurance. Cool! Wait I didn't have money. So I made a sorry face, told them that I had the helmet, I had just forgotten to put it on & we were students (this excuse could work either way). He said the fine (or rather a paid voucher which entitled to drive without a helmet for one day) would help me remember it next time. Touché I thought & I asked him the directions for the nearest ATM. Comin' back he wrote out a receipt (I wouldn't have it other way), asked for my name & politely "Mr.(my name again) please sign here". No court-appearance. No confiscation of vehicle. No abuses. Neat.
- Mahindra Xylo was a disappointment. It seemed like a mash up of Scorpio & SX4. Seemed bulky & was powered with m-Eagle. They had m-Hawk in Scorpio, why couldn't they continue it? Eagle? Why not m-Pigeon or m-Crow or somethin'? Are we not neglectin' the other birds of the ecosystem. Don't they know how it must feel. They should protest by shittin' all over the car. I would do that if I was a birdie. NGOs should demand that all bird's name to be put on the car to make it truly eco-friendly.
- I can't afford a broadband connection & there is this chap who has a wireless router, close enough so my laptop (Liz) catches its signals. I curse him him everyday. I've not seen him. I dunno who he is. But he comes online for a very short time, probably once a day. Why can't he just leave it ON the whole goddamn time. Doesn't he realize that other people, especially me, a very inconvenienced by this. He's probably too dumb to realize it, just like he's too dumb not to encrypt the connection. Even if I'm away, I have Gigs of torrents which leech whatever & whenever possible. Jugaad (Improvisation) you see...